Manuscripts / Exposés
Before submitting your manuscript or exposé, please take a moment to read our submission guidelines:
- Please note that we will not respond to general and obviously wide-spread submissions.
- Please make sure (e.g. by checking our website) that your work fits in with the Breitkopf & Härtel publishing program.
- Please provide some information on yourself, particularly on your professional background and current activities.
- If at all possible, please do not send handwritten scores, rather use a suitable layout program (preferably Sibelius) and submit as a PDF document.
- In order to be able to carry out a proper evaluation, we need you to send the complete manuscript.
- Please abstain from sending only recordings.
The instrumentation is indicated in figures and abbreviations following the usual order in a full score:
- Woodwinds: Flute(Piccolo).Oboe(English Horn).Clarinet(BassClarinet.Saxophone).Bassoon (Contrabassoon)
- Brass: Horn.Trumpet.Trombone.Tuba
Abbreviations without brackets mean additional players: Picc.1. = 2 players
Abbreviations in brackets indicate either additional instruments: 1(Picc). = 1 player, but 2 instruments
or the number of the players: perc(4) = 4 percussionist